Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Setting the table for tea "decaffeinated"

My passion for roses  has no end. I love everything that has roses on it, I wanted to share with you my tea setting. We don't drink tea but chocolate instead and my little boy loves it. In these photos I didn't want to serve the crumpets on the plates because I wanted to show the pretty roses.

I made this bird house from left over wood, another idea, my little boy broke one of my tea cups, so I decided to make a mosaic and used the cup.



Come, let us have some tea or chocolate and talk about happy things.
Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world. ~T'ien Yiheng
"In Jane Austen's day, it was dinner that was served at 3 or 4 in the afternoon, not tea. That lighter refreshment was taken in the drawing room about 8 in the evening, after music or cards. Tea as we think of it now, an afternoon pause for confections and sociability, was actually the invention of leisured Edwardians. But whatever the hour, nothing enhances the beauty of... spreading a lovely cloth, showing off silver, china, and flowers." Taken from Victoria Magazine March 1998.

There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.~ Emerson.

~Have a beautiful day and come back soon.~

2 comments:

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Ooooh... what a beautiful tablescape. I'm all for chocolate, too! Thanks for visitng my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I really appreciate it.

mo said...

You have a beautiful blog. Thank you for following my Rose Petals from Heaven. I am your newest follower. I love your birdhouse! Very clever. My son loves hot cocoa too. *hugs*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...